Internship – Sept to Dec 2021 – Toronto, Remote
About the Company
At Riskfuel, we have pioneered the use of Deep Learning to accelerate financial models used by capital markets and insurance companies. Our models are millions of times faster than anything else on the market today. We are doing exciting cutting-edge research and our technology is winning major industry awards. The work is varied, interesting and fast paced, with lots of opportunity to make impactful contributions. We are looking for talented individuals to work and learn alongside colleagues who are leaders in the field.
See more at our website Riskfuel.com.
About the Position
Riskfuel has a unique set of challenges around Data Management. We run the client’s slow financial pricing models with millions of simulation inputs in order to generate the training data that we need for training our neural networks. We use a variety of strategies to generate these simulation inputs and then we distribute the calculations across thousands of nodes in our Kubernetes Clusters to generate a unique trade database for each model. This trade database becomes the training data that teaches our Neural Networks to approximate the client’s models very accurately and very quickly.
At Riskfuel, you’ll get a chance to build something from scratch. You’ll be mentored by a fun, kind, and talented team and will be given enough responsibility to take a project and run with it. In other words, you will learn a lot here!
The types of things you’ll be doing:
- Work with and support our machine learning engineers as Riskfuel seeks to scale up its training and data processing platforms
- Develop and maintain core internal services such as our centralized multi-machine storage cluster and our collection of in-house and cloud native services
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipelines in order to accelerate the productionalization of code
About the Candidate
- Proficient using Python and its popular libraries to manipulate data
- Experienced with containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
These are nice to have but not strictly needed:
- Exposure to ETL/Machine Learning pipeline development
- Experience with various cloud platforms and tooling (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible
- Experience designing and deploying CI/CD pipelines
- An interest in web development
- C++ or Golang skills
How to Apply
To apply to this position, please provide a resume, transcripts, and any additional information that you feel demonstrates your experience. We look forward to meeting you!